Benfica’s Enzo Fernandez starred for Argentina during their triumphant World Cup campaign, prompting speculation of a January transfer.
The 21-year-old was rewarded for his efforts by being named as the Young Player of the Tournament.
Fernandez only joined Benfica from River Plate last year, signing on a five-year deal that expires in 2027.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA TO CONVINCE BENFICA ON FERNANDEZ DEAL
World Cup sensation Enzo Fernandez has agreed to join Chelsea, with the Premier League club’s next step to convince Benfica to sell him, claims the Metro.
Fabrizio Romano reports the Blues have opened discussions with the Portuguese club about a transfer, with talk the move could be worth £105million due to a release clause.
Benfica have shown little intention of selling Fernandez and Chelsea already have a back-up plan should the move not materialise in the shape of another Argentinian, Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder Alexis Mac Allister, according to the Times.
– ESPN claims Real Madrid are willing to splash out more than €100m to land Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham, who is also being chased by Liverpool .
– Barcelona and Newcastle United are interested in Chelsea midfielder Jorginho, but he wants to re-join Napoli when his Blues contract concludes at the end of this season, claims La Repubblica. Chelsea have also reportedly offered him a new deal.
– Manchester City have beaten Newcastle to the signature of Velez Sarsfield’s 19-year-old midfielder Maximo Perrone, reports Team Talk.
– Gianluca di Marzio claims Milan are interested in a short-term move for Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy amid ongoing injury issues for number one Mike Maignan.
– The Daily Mail claims Wolves will let Mexican forward Raul Jimenez exit in January if they manage to land another striker.
– Unai Emery’s Aston Villa are keen on Udinese forward Gerard Deulofeu, according to 90min.